Monday, December 5, 2011

A Little Rewind....Thanksgiving Morning...Borodash

Last year, our family (Trevis and Spencer) began a new tradition of running the "Borodash". It is a 4 mile race in our town where the proceeds all go to local and international missions. Last year, it was a windy 70 degree morning on Thanksgiving morning. This year, I think it barely broke 40 and boy was it ever W-I-N-D-Y!!! It was SO cold. My brother and his family always come in from Texas. This year my niece joined my brother in running. Here is a pic of the two of them.


All 4 of them before the race:
Spencer running toward the finish....Look at his face. He said his hands were frost bitten and immediately had to warm them up. 
Trevis was next.
There went Kailee!

Somehow I missed Joe finish. There were so many runners this year. I think there were 1200 last year and over 2200 this year. That's a yeah God event for a city our size on Thanksgiving morning. Spencer, Trevis, and Joe all set personal records and Kailee did amazing. I was so proud of them all!

Each year, we host Thanksgiving at our house (Yes...we leave the turkey in the oven to cook while we are at the race). We take a family pic and there's a certain frame I put the current pic in each year. I love and look forward to the family pic each year...Here is the 2011 family pic of our family and my brother's family.

All 6 grandkids after 50 million attempts:

It was wonderful to have the whole family together again. I hope to share more outtakes of Thanksgiving soon!
With Much Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment