Thursday, September 9, 2010

Song

Do you ever hear a song that even if you hear it a thousand times, you still love it? After I dropped Natalie and Spencer off to school and I pulled into the garage, the local radio station was interviewing Matthew West......Can you guess the song they played? Yes, it's "The Motions". Seriously, every time I hear it, it convicts me to the core. Something comes alive in me..... I feel like I could burst....Here are the lyrics to the first verse....

This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care
If I break
At least I’ll be feeling something
‘Cause just ok
Is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life


I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

How do I keep going through the motions? God, please help me. I feel like I'm on autopilot some days driving Spencer to early morning practice, Natalie to school, Spencer to school, to the Y to workout, volunteering, cleaning, laundry....you know....same ole, same ole.....God has broken my heart for Korah and the people there, for Ethiopia as we are waiting for our referral, and has allowed me to be a help to other teachers this year....BUT, I want more of HIM. I know I'm not satisfied going throught the motions. Fill me with your passion LORD. Help me to focus on the meaningful things in life and help me to give everything. AMEN!!


With much love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment