Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1st---Is it already?

Today, we flipped the calendar to August. Can it really be August already? We had a full week. Spencer had a celebration to celebrate his flag football season this summer. It was truely his best season ever. His coach was the best we could've ever asked for. God answers prayers....not always like we think it'll be. I just have to share an excerpt from his email this week.
"I wanted to personally thank every parent for your awesome support and Christian values and attitudes, it showed up in your childrens play and attitudes on the field, Champions Everyone!!!!
This in all my years of coaching, was the most fullfilling season of my 30 plus yrs. in coaching. One Goal allowed me to lead with Jesus Christ rather than with winning,or money motivated as in the higher levels I have coached. This was refreshing and I thank God I was led to this thru my grandsons." (Coach Brown)

Words cannot express how thankful I am for this opportunity for Spencer. What a blessing. God is so faithful....
Tuesday, Spencer's friend came over. He is moving back to Tennessee....another answer to prayer (for a good friend).

Natalie had a friend spend the night on Thursday. We had a wonderful evening feeding the ducks....Just had to include a shot of that.




Friday night, we went to our first "Airport Welcoming" for the Stavnes' family (our daughters go to the same school). Here is a quick pic. What a special moment! I am so happy for them! You can follow their journey at Filled With Praise .


What a cutie pie!
Saturday was our picnic with our adoption agency: AGCI. I guess there had to have been over 125 people there including the kids. I met a lot of neat people who I feel like I already know through their blogs. It's great to finally meet people in person though. The food was yummy. The kids had a blast with these water shooter things, and the conversation was great. Here's a pic of the kids with the water shooters. Check out Natalie's face.....Yes, she is shooting Spencer. Can you feel the love?

Summer is almost over. I can't believe it....School is right around the corner.

With much love,
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melanie!! It was so great to meet you yesterday at the picnic! I have been following your adoption journey, and I will continue to do so! So excited for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting that you got to go to the airport and to the picnic!! Such great fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you were able to make it to amy's airport homecoming with her baby! how exciting! the agci picnic looked like so much fun !:0)

    ReplyDelete