Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Waiting...3 months and counting & 3 most common questions

Today is July 28th. It is officially exactly 3 months since we were on the wait list with our agency. Going on the wait list means that you have completed your home study, education requirements,your dossier (packet of info that goes to the government in Ethiopia), and submitted all the necessary money along the way. I was so happy when Brandi said we were on "the list". Well, in a way the last 3 months have flown by....specifically the last two. Natalie and Spencer have kept me busy this summer and it has just seemed like a normal summer. Where it will take a turn is when they start back to school in about 10 days. I will actually drop them off and come home. When the house is quiet and I've completed all kinds of projects I need to get done, then the waiting will become harder. I think about our child all the time and wonder where he/she is, what he/she looks like, and pray that God will prepare her/his heart to join our family.....

There have been 3 questions that people ask me all the time, so I thought I'd go ahead and answer them on my blog....

1. Have you heard anything about the adoption?
No, we just get new #s each month. The lower the number, the more likely a referral. We did hear that the courts will be closed for "rainy" season August and September, so a referral during that time is unlikely.

2. Are you adopting a boy or girl?
We do not know. Since we have one of each, we are leaving that in God's hands (you can specify, but we chose not to). I found out at 20 weeks pregnant with both kids what I was having and planned accordingly. So, I'm waiting to be surprised this go round.

3. How old will your child be?
We do not know this either. Our age parameters are 0-3 years (You are allowed to choose that too). We are thinking that our child will be toward the upper end of that range. I have experienced infancy twice so I am totally open to toddler age. We are most interested in giving love and a home to a child and teaching him/her about Jesus. We know that it will be more of a challenging transition for an older (2-3 year old) child than a baby, but we pray that God will prepare all of our hearts to meet that challenge.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
With Much Love,
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Brandi is our case worker too! We are working to get the dossier and homestudy done so we can "wait" as well. I'm not looking forward to being asked alllll the time during the waiting phase if we have heard anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete