Sunday, September 18, 2011

Referral-Versary! 1 year ago

On Friday, September 16th, it was one year ago that I saw Justus Derero's face for the first time...(If you would like to read that store, click here) I can't believe it's been a year! Wow! Since I saw this face, my life has never been the same.....These are the referral pics we got of him.




The third picture down was the very first picture we saw of Justus Derero. He had a smirky grin and I'll admit Trevis and I were a little nervous and we asked her to please send us additional pics. There were a couple with him smiling in them. We knew that God had called us to be his parents and him to be our son. I cannot imagine how unsettling and scary it is for an older child to leave his/her birthplace with the only caregiver he/she has known and come to a place where there are a lot of other kids and an adult taking a picture of you (having never seen a camera).The pictures really do speak a thousand words seriously.

I remember my biggest concern was..."Will he attach to us?" I prayed a lot about this. I am happy to say that he has attached and more importantly, we are all attaching and bonding as a new family.

Adoption is an amazingly painful/loving thing all balled into one. There is rejection and acceptance....love lost and love found...a loss of the familiar and a learning of the new surroundings...grief and joy...a desire to return to birth country with a love for the new family and blessings, listening to "Amharic Music" and then "Stuck Like Glue" (by Sugarland) back to back...it's goodbyes and hellos...lots of new firsts....It's learning to love more than you thought you were capable of....and thanking God for the blessing of the child that He entrusted to my care....to be my son..
I
AM
BLESSED!!

Here are a couple of recent pics of Justus!




We love you Justus!

With Much Love,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. WOW! The change in his countenance in one year is amazing! His smile just lights up his face now! What a precious sign of how LOVED he is!!!

    ReplyDelete