Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sad

ok. so normally, I write the happy things that are going on on my blog. However, this morning I found myself really sad. Trevis called me and told me he was broken down. He was less than 2 miles from the house, so really it wasn't that big of a deal.....Except for the fact that his car will not go forward. You can only drive it in reverse. It has been on it's last leg for awhile. He is driving my old 1996 Toyota Camry. It has about 250,000 miles on it. I loved that car when I had it and still do not mind driving it although it has been falling apart for some time now. I am now driving a Toyota van, which I also enjoy. Trevis said it is probably the transmission and it's probably going to cost more to fix than the car is worth.:( So, we talked with a couple of family members. Neither of which are ready to sell cars they have, but my grandad is letting us borrow his extra truck until Trevis can either find something else or get his fixed. I don't know why I am getting so torn up about this.....I guess it's b/c I worked all year and socked away my checks either to pay off debt or put toward the adoption. It has been tough, but we have disciplined ourselves...remaining faithful to tithe and sew into the lives of others. I love following God's promptings and enjoy tremendously being able to be a giver. However, here we sit in a predicament with transportation. Trevis just wants something reliable. Nothing fancy....Just dependable. I also get frustrated how much people value their "stuff"--don't want to let go.  Sorry, I'm rambling now. My last check comes on the 20th. We are still working on saving for travel to Ethiopia to get our newest blessing, so needless to say.....budgeting for a car/truck was not in our plans. I so DON"T want to go back into debt for a vehicle. It has been really freeing just having the house as a debt. Please pray for us that either it will be something simpler than a transmission for Trevis' car or that God will move on someone's heart to sale us their extra vehicle for cheap, or that someone lives radically and intervenes. I know with God all things are possible. As tears flowed down my face and I felt defeated this morning, these couple of verses were part of my daily Bible reading today.:
Psalm 20: 1-5:
May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May they LORD grant all your requests.

oh.....this keeps getting better. I've got to include the next two verses.
Psalm 20:6-7
Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.....

I'm gonna hold fast to that today! Thanks for praying for us.

With Much Love,

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your car :( I was just reading earlier the Oatsvall's blog and was going to ask you if you read hers, but I see it on your sidebar. She was talking about this warfare. I hope everything works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE NOT ALONE ... love ya girl !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am SO saying a prayer for you and your family! The devil WANTS you to feel defeated. Don't let him. The LORD has brought you this far...and He will never give you more than you can handle. Trust that He has got it under control and is carrying you in His capable hands!

    ReplyDelete